- Camellia Raita, project manager, Romanian Angel Appeal Foundation
- Mihai Lixandru, CFO, Romanian Angel Appeal Foundation
- Iulian Petre, project coordinator, legal advocate, UNOPA
Sources of information
- WHO HIV Fact Sheet: https://cfs.hivci.org/country-factsheet.html
- Romania Law and Policy Analysis (UNAIDS): http://lawsandpolicies.unaids.org/country?id=ROU&lan=en
- World Self Testing Status (WHO): https://www.who.int/hiv/topics/self-testing/HIVST-policy_map-jul2019-a.png?ua=1
References to additional information
- Article “Attitudes, Practices and Priorities of HIV Screening and Testing Among Health Care Workers in Transylvania and Moldova, Romania” 2019: https://bmchealthservres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12913-019-4823-5
- Online purchase of tests with delivery within the EU: http://autotest-vih.eu/ro/8-autotest-vih.html
Situation with HIVST in the country
Are HIV self-testing kits registered in the country?
What type of tests?
Sales to the country
How many HIV self-testing kits are conducted per year?
Does the protocol for HIV testing include HIV self-testing?
Algorithm of actions after receiving HIV + self-test result
Whether HIV self-testing kits are sold in a pharmacy?
Whether HIV self-testing kits are sold online?
Projects in the country (last 3 years)
Self-testing campaign during International Testing Week (23-29.11.2020)
Country studies (last 3 years)
Information and media campaigns to promote HIV self-testing (last 3 years)
Campaign on the Internet and Social Media (ARAS) in support of the International Testing Week campaign (23-29.11.2020) with financial support from Coalition Plus. During the campaign, 650 HIV self-tesing kits were distributed.
Project Plans / Campaigns / HIV self-testing studies 2021 and beyond